fot

Re: [Fot] VARAC Vintage Festival at Mosport

To: billbab@gmail.com, tony@tonydrews.com
Subject: Re: [Fot] VARAC Vintage Festival at Mosport
From: BillDentin@aol.com
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2008 11:00:39 EDT
In a message dated 06/23/2008 11:14:43 PM Central Daylight Time,
billbab@gmail.com writes:

> I have no idea how the memory of Mosport could fade. To drive fast
> there you have to grow a third testicle, though that's probably
> different for the ladies. After every session I sat in my car for a
> long time, just thinking. I''m not even certain what I was thinking
> about--but I know I didn't just jump out of the car and say "boy, that
> was fun" as I usually do.

Yeah...for ladies, don't they call them gonads?

MOSPORT Turn TWO is arguably the toughest turn in Road Racing.  Blind, double
apex, down hill, off camber, etc.  It sure gets my vote.  I sure never got it
right.  Of course it is a left hander, I tend to make Tony Drews look
slender, and I was in a right hand drive car.  I thought I was going to roll
over
every lap.  Kas made several suggestions as to what I was doing wrong, but
either
I didn't understand, or I was too worried about rolling over.  But I sure
want to go back some time and try to get it right.

Having said that, our TRs sure like that up hill back straight coming out of
the Stirling Moss corner.  It suits that old tractor engine just fine.
MOSPORT is a great track.

Sadly, last week end's MOSPORT event saw a rare vintage racing fatality late
Sunday morning, when Dino Crescentini's Wolf CanAm car had a suspected
equipment failure on that up hill back straight.  His car went airborne, came
down on
its top, and rolled more times than they could count.

All racing, even vintage racing, is dangerous.  It is important to think
about that when worrying about picking up another 10th in a sport where LAST
pays
the same as FIRST.

Bill Dentinger