fot

[Fot] Mallory dual point trouble-shooting

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] Mallory dual point trouble-shooting
From: "Scott Janzen" <S.Janzen@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2008 15:12:28 -0400
My GT6 has a one year old dual point in it with mechanical advance.  It runs
great when only the leading set of points are connected.  When I connect the
second set, it barely idles and breaks up through the rpm range, to the extent
it revs at all.  I changed out the points with a new set, ran emory cloth
through the points, etc, no improvement.  I'm setting the leading points at 29
degrees dwell and 35 combined.  I have initial advance at about 10 degrees and
total advance at 32.  I'm sure I'm missing something obvious here . . . what's
wrong with the second set?