fot

Re: [Fot] MSD units

To: REK46@aol.com
Subject: Re: [Fot] MSD units
From: Bill Babcock <billbab@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2008 11:06:34 -0700
As the owner of a certifiable NASCAR TR3 I think there needs to be
occasional exceptions to any non-rule.

I like MSD boxes just fine, they are like any electronics--susceptible
to sudden death if something bad happens to them. They don't have all
the protection they might have, but electronic manufacturers
discovered long ago that adding protection decreases margin at the
same time that it increases cost (slightly). Pertonics has much less
protection unless you buy their premium version, which adds a blocking
diode to prevent damage from reverse polarity. A trivial addition that
should be in every unit they sell.

On Jul 2, 2008, at 10:25 AM, REK46@aol.com wrote:

> Git 'er done !

Bill Babcock