fot

Re: [Fot] MSD units

To: "Randall" <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>, "'Amici Triumphi'" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] MSD units
From: "Joe Curry" <spitlist@cox.net>
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2008 12:09:47 -0700
The old carbon core wires are not sufficient.  MSG explicitly stipulates
that you should only use Helically wound suppression wires with their units.
This prevents spurrious emissions from damaging the units.

Obviously, they want you to buy their wires but I have found that there are
several companies making these and are perfectly suitable to the task.

I am amazed that as much as these things cost that people don't bother
reading the literature that comes with them in order to protect their
investment.

Joe C.