fot

[Fot] - Who would've thought -now....respect for Triumphs at The

To: jrherrera90@hotmail.com (John Herrera), dlhogye@aol.com, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: [Fot] - Who would've thought -now....respect for Triumphs at The
From: N197TR4@cs.com
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2008 08:14:35 -0400
FOT,

Back in the USA.....crossed border last night.

Based on comments I have received, The Triumph (FOT) is very popular group =
at the Glen.  There was a lot of participation from the FOT on all fronts, =
as well as VTR & TRA.  Good feedback from the Village and The Glen. =

Expect another invitation in the future.  If an objective was to elevate th=
e status of our Triumphs, we did it in a resounding way.

SVRA caused it to happen by initiating the idea...likely mostly Jack Woehrl=
e. =

So many people to thank....

Joe A

Start planning for 2012, it will be a big one.  The 60th Anniversary of Tri=
umphs in Competition.

Joe A

> =A0I made the trip to Watkins Glen to meet people I've been writing to an=
d reading about, and to check out some racecars up close too. I spent Frida=
y in town and watched the different groups of cars begin their laps of the =
original course on Franklin St. The first group started around 1:00, it was=
 an all Triumph group. There was at least eighty street cars in the group.

>Actually, 115 Triumphs participated in the Tour de Marque!
>
>They said that it was the second highest number of cars in the history of =
the event. They didn't say which marque had the most, but last year Corvett=
e was featured, so my money is on them. Or maybe MG...

>They were supposed to cut registration off at 100 cars, but I guess they c=
ouldn't bring themselves to turn away such wonderful cars.