fot

[Fot] Sad news from Road America

To: Friends of Triumph <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] Sad news from Road America
From: Susan Kahler <susank@141.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2008 19:44:24 -0500
This was on the MGVR Yahoo list:

*****************************

I have sad news to report from the Vintage Fall Festival at Road America
this past weekend. We have had another fatality in the vintage racing
community. We lost driver Surjit Hermon on Friday afternoon in an
incident near turn 12 (under the now non existent Billy Mitchell
bridge). Surjit lost control of his Eastlake 11, skidded right-left-
right and impacted a Mini Cooper which was well off course and in the
process of being hooked up for a flat tow. The safety workers had to run
for their lives when they looked up from trying to find a attachment
point for the flat tow and saw a skidding car coming at them.

My second weekend as a Driver Committee Chairman - second fatality!

Watch your flags, remember the 80% rule, and if you were contemplating a
Hans device let this be a warning.

Jim Austhof
Red #1 MGB

Susan

--
** Oh, I would just KILL for a Nobel Peace Prize! **