fot

Re: [Fot] Sad news from Road America

To: Billb@bnj.com, william.tobin3@verizon.net
Subject: Re: [Fot] Sad news from Road America
From: GSFuqua1@aol.com
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2008 23:26:43 EDT
--===============0225287731==

-------------------------------1222140403

As a newbie in the Vintage Racing Arena I'll offer a comment.  Yeah, I get
lapped occasionally, never have been several times but I wouldn't care if I
were.  Who are we really racing and for what?  In my opinion we race ourselves
individually, we race the track and we race our own personally prepared
equipment.  Would I like to win?  Sure but I also know my limits and try my
best to
avoid the red mist of competition.  Been there and done that but many years ago
and in sports that you usually don't have much of a chance to get killed in.  I
race to improve my own skills and do my best not to get in the way of others
that I know are much better.  At least for now.  I also remind myself that I'm
racing equipment that despite my best efforts to maintain and keep safe is
pushing 50 years old.  Things break..... unexpectedly.  I like going Mach III
with my hair on fire but not if I'm going to be endangering others.  When you
win, what do you get?  Points or some $10. Plaque?  To me winning is not always
finishing first.  First it is finishing, second it is improving my own lap
times, lines in an out of corners and making some of the best friends I've ever
made in my entire life.  THAT is winning, at least to me.

It is NOT my intention to be contentious or argumentative but I race with a
lot of people too and many of them feel the same as I do.  No, it isn't a
parade but is sure isn't worth dying for either.  On the other hand if I were
to go
out that way it wouldn't hurt my feelings one little bit.  At least I would
be with some of my very best friends and doing something I have come to love.

Again just my opinion and probably not worth the time it took to read or
write it.

Gary Fuqua
Classic Sports Cars
Branson, MO

-------------------------------1222140403

<HTML><HEAD>
rset=3DUS-ASCII">
<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.6000.16705" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
f">
<DIV>As a newbie in the Vintage Racing Arena I'll offer a comment.&nbsp; Yea=
h, I get lapped occasionally, never have been several times but I wouldn't c=
are if I were.&nbsp; Who are we really racing and for what?&nbsp; In my opin=
ion we race ourselves individually, we race the track and we race our own pe=
rsonally prepared equipment.&nbsp; Would I like to win?&nbsp; Sure but I als=
o know my limits and try my best to avoid the red mist of competition.&nbsp;=
 Been there and done that but many years ago and in sports that you usually=20=
don't have much of a chance to get killed in.&nbsp; I race to improve my own=
 skills and do my best not to get in the way of others that I know are much=20=
better.&nbsp; At least for now.&nbsp; I also remind myself that I'm racing e=
quipment that despite my best efforts to maintain and keep safe is pushing 5=
0 years old.&nbsp; Things break..... unexpectedly.&nbsp; I like going Mach I=
II with my hair on fire but not if I'm going to be endangering others.&nbsp;=
 When you win, what do you get?&nbsp; Points or some $10. Plaque?&nbsp; To m=
e&nbsp;winning is not always finishing first.&nbsp; First it is finishing, s=
econd it is improving my own lap times, lines in an out of corners and makin=
g some of the best friends I've ever made in my entire life.&nbsp; <STRONG>T=
HAT</STRONG> is winning, at least to me.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>It is <STRONG>NOT</STRONG> my intention to be contentious&nbsp;or argum=
entative but I race with a lot of people too and many of them feel the same=20=
as I do.&nbsp; No, it isn't a parade but is sure isn't worth dying for eithe=
r.&nbsp; On the other hand if I were to go out that way it wouldn't hurt my=20=
feelings one little bit.&nbsp; At least I would be with some of my very best=
 friends and doing something I have come to love.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Again just my opinion and probably not worth the time it took to read o=
r write it.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Gary Fuqua</DIV>
<DIV>Classic Sports Cars</DIV>
<DIV>Branson, MO</DIV><BR><BR><BR><DIV><FONT style=3D"color: black; font: no=
rmal 10pt ARIAL, SAN-SERIF;"><HR style=3D"MARGIN-TOP: 10px">Looking for simp=
le solutions to your real-life financial challenges? <A title=3D"http://pr.a=
twola.com/promoclk/100000075x1209382257x1200540686/aol?redir=3Dhttp://www.wa=
lletpop.com/?NCID=3Demlcntuswall00000001" href=3D"http://pr.atwola.com/promo=
clk/100000075x1209382257x1200540686/aol?redir=3Dhttp://www.walletpop.com/?NC=
ID=3Demlcntuswall00000001" target=3D"_blank">Check out WalletPop for the lat=
est news and information, tips and calculators</A>.</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTM=