fot

Re: [Fot] NASCAR

To: "'Kramer, Robert'" <RKramer@rdoequipment.com>, "'Bill Babcock'"
Subject: Re: [Fot] NASCAR
From: "Joe Curry" <spitlist@cox.net>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2008 11:14:16 -0700
That is the crux of what it takes to make any sport palatable.  The viewer
has to have some vested interest in the outcome.  If you can find someone to
root for, it makes watching the event a personal experience.  That is why
NASCAR (as well as their sponsors) devote a lot of advertising on individual
drivers and teams in order to get the audience emotionally involved.

The only reason I watch IRL races is to see how Danica will do.

Joe C.