fot

[Fot] General safety was TR-4 SVRA Rules Question

To: jaxonracing@yahoo.com
Subject: [Fot] General safety was TR-4 SVRA Rules Question
From: Gt6steve@aol.com
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2008 12:52:02 EDT
I was reading the Classic Motorsports report on their GT6 restoration and
got the impression that it won the 1969 ARRC with just a rollbar, no cage at
all?  If so, what was the timeline for the evolution of the 4, 6,8 and 10
point
cages.  I know that the safety structures have evolved in the SCCA  since I
started hanging out with them in the early 80's.  Where do we say  that your
car is too safe and you must revert back to the period spec?   Leather helmets
and coveralls dipped in borax for the TR3's?  Maybe a  T-shirt with a pack of
ciggys rolled up in the sleeve?

I'm just being facetious now but it does pose a difficult question for the
clubs to deal with.  Do the prewar cars have to run without rollbars?
Serious
query, not being silly now...

Jack,
Is  that something that was written into the rules back in the day?   If
so, any idea on when the rules changed to allow for triangulation of  the
suspension to the frame and cage?  Just curious about the  evolution of the
rules.

Jay Creel

no registration required and great graphics b check it out!