fot

Re: [Fot] 87mm liner needed

To: Henry Frye <henry@henryfrye.com>
Subject: Re: [Fot] 87mm liner needed
From: Larry Young <cartravel@pobox.com>
Date: Sat, 08 Nov 2008 10:07:41 -0600
I've had this happen more than once. My last problem was with #3 not #4.
I always add at least 0.001 to the recommended clearance. If I remember
correctly, Wiseco recommends 0.003 for the 87mm and 0.004 for the 89mm.
I use 0.005 for both and always check it by sliding an 0.005 feeler
gauge in next to the fat part of the piston. Did you check to make sure
the piston skirt was not collapsed?
Larry