fot

Re: [Fot] Was Weber carbs now SU Questions now Spit Clutch Release

To: Joe Curry <spitlist@cox.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Was Weber carbs now SU Questions now Spit Clutch Release
From: Glenn Franco <gaf3@charter.net>
Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2008 17:54:33 -0500
Thanks all for the suggestions on what could be causing the issue with
the clutch on this race car.

Joe Curry made a suggestion that I file an additional slot is the slave
cylinder body to gain travel.
I found an old slave cylinder from the former owner and it had a second
slot filed in it. This
Must be how he resolved the clutch release problem.  Here is a photo of
the fix.

I now get enough travel and the clutch releases enough to shift gears (
on the jack stands anyway )

I'll save the trans R&R for next time.

Thanks again to the Triumph brain trust.
Glenn Franco 72 Spit Racer on to the next problem

Joe Curry wrote:
> I think there is a mistake in the identification of the part that causes the
> difference.  The alloy bell housings are cast identically to the steel ones
> so that should not make a difference.
>
> That said, there typically is a difference in thickness of the alloy
> flywheel as opposed to the steel ones.  Of course it depends entirely on
> which alloy flywheel we are talking about.  The one I got from Ted is
> definitely thicker than the stock steel flywheel.
>
> Joe C.

glenn parts 002.JPG]