fot

[Fot] Limited Slip Unit

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: [Fot] Limited Slip Unit
From: WEmery7451@aol.com
Date: Sat, 6 Dec 2008 15:53:05 EST
Dear FOT,

Back in the mid-60s, Bix Durbin flipped his TR-3 end over end, and decided to
hang up his racing efforts.  I bought his limited slip unit, and raced with
it for a few years until I stripped the teeth off of the pinion gear.  I then
went to the welded up differentials.

I recently gave this unit to Dan Styduhar, who has been helping me work on my
car for the last several years.  Dan has also headed up the SAE Baja racing
program for many years on the Pittsburgh branch campus of Penn State.  He wants
to install this unit in his TR-3 for autocrosses, hill climbs, and possible
vintage racing; and would like to know who manufactured this unit.

I realize that I can't send an attachment of pictures to the list.  Are there
FOTers who would be willing to look at the pictures and try to identify the
manufacturer of this unit?  I could send the photos to them individually.

Make your life easier with all your friends, email, and favorite
sites in one place.  Try it now. (http://www.aol.com/?optin=new-dp&icid=aolcom4
0vanity&ncid=emlcntaolcom00000010)