fot

Re: [Fot] 75 TR6 turn signals

To: FOT <fot@autox.team.net>, Robert Blake <rblake36@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [Fot] 75 TR6 turn signals
From: EDWARD BARNARD <edwardbarnard@prodigy.net>
Date: Thu, 1 Jan 2009 16:14:48 -0800 (PST)
Steve is correct...on the later models the turn signals go through the hazard
switch like on an MGB. If the hazard has bad contacts, either in the external
wires or within it's body, the turn signals won't work. The turn signal
flashing passes through the hazard. Options are: spray some contact cleaner
into the hazard and work the switch some until the contacts clear, or,
disconnect the hazard completely and jump the wires. In this option use a
schematic to determine what are the left and right primary colors that will go
to the green/white and green/red. I do not remember off the top of my head. The
hazard switch simply hooks all the lefts and right together so they all flash.
I doubt your state requires the hazards to function.
Have a great new year!