fot

Re: [Fot] Metal Question

To: RACER BUD <budscars@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Metal Question
From: Mark Eginton <markconsultation@twcny.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 06 Jan 2009 22:48:49 -0500
Yea, I get sentimental around this one, its been around my whole life. I
remember it at Justice Buick in New Jersey in 1959 when my parents
bought it. I was only 4 then but I knew it was a big deal that we were
getting a shiny New Red Triumph (2 yrs old), my dad had an old
fade-2-pink TR 2 at the time. My brother and I were ecstatic that there
was carpet behind the seats where we always rode, carseats -
not-so-much, heck - this one didn't even have a jumpseat, but we were
styling.

In 1961 we moved to Southern California crossing the US in the 2 TRs.
Mom raced it also; "Powderpuff" I think they called it. Actually she has
more 1st place trophies than dad which always tweaked him. They have
great stories and I have a few memories of literally racing for 3000
miles...

 Its been mine since I was 11, took my first date out in it (talk about
a beater - the car I mean). It was the first car I ever got airborne...

nuf said