fot

Re: [Fot] SVRA to require head and neck restraints

To: <dos_gusanos@msn.com>, <jwoesvra@aol.com>, "Bill Babcock"
Subject: Re: [Fot] SVRA to require head and neck restraints
From: "BOB KRAMER" <rkramer3@austin.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2009 14:23:53 -0600
I appreciate the SVRA stepping up and mandating head and neck restraints,
but I have my doubts as to the money side of the HANS business. One of the
things that has stopped many of us from just running out and buying them is
price, and now with the trend toward mandated usage, the laws of supply and
demand say that with sales increasing other suppliers should get into the
market and prices should come down.

I say that with tongue firmly implanted in cheek, because although there is
some competition with the R3 device and the Hutchens Device, I would have
thought that prices would have come down already. I know product engineers
and designers deserve their rewards, but I can't see why these things should
cost what they do this far into the product cycle. Look at the Hutchens, how
much does carbon fiber and molds cost.

Has anyone approached the suppliers as an organization for group buying
special pricing?

Bob Kramer, Austin Texas
rkramer3@austin.rr.com