fot

Re: [Fot] Question on Accusump Install with External Oil Lines On a

To: WEmery7451@aol.com
Subject: Re: [Fot] Question on Accusump Install with External Oil Lines On a
From: Chuck Arnold <triosan@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2009 09:06:31 -0800
I have taken the approach on the TR6 engine to directly feed three oil
gallery ports from the return line off the oil cooler and from the
Accusump.  A "T" in the return line feeds to both the oil filter return and
to a manifold.  The manifold is also fed by the Accusump.  Threelines from
the manifold go directly to the gallery ports.  See attached photo.

Note: Sam Halkias told me thatdirectly feeding the gallies is notreally
necessary.  Whatis necessary is to increase flow,and that is done by
enlarging the hole[s?] in the engine block that feed the gallery to 1/8th
inch.  I figure any way I can keep a lot ofpressure and volume on number 1
main and rod bearing is good.  Of course, I have oil pan baffles and a
windage tray [and this year will use Racestorations heavy duty, extra
capacity aluminum sump].  Hope to keep the e.ngine all together this year

--
Chuck Arnold

oiling system front annotated.jpg]