fot

Re: [Fot] What did you do?

To: alfetta95@optonline.net
Subject: Re: [Fot] What did you do?
From: Scott Janzen <s.janzen@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2009 17:04:09 -0500
PA requires that kids log 50 hours over 6 months with a parent prior
to taking their driving test, while in learner's permit mode.  50
hours is a surprisingly significant amount of time, esp. accrued over
10-20 minute neighborhood trips.  That's what we did with my now-17
year old.  Even after she got her license, we limited her to daylight
driving for a few months, no highway, no more than one friend in the
car, radio off (I'm sure that was not adhered to), cell phone in the
trunk, etc.
The other thing that was immensely helpful in encouraging other
drivers to give us a wide berth was a magnetic, bright yellow "student
driver" sign stuck on the back of the car for the first few months.
find 'em on the web for $10.