fot

Re: [Fot] TR Drive Shaft

To: tr3driver@ca.rr.com, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Fot] TR Drive Shaft
From: Andrew Mace <herald948@aol.com>
Date: Tue, 03 Mar 2009 15:44:23 -0500
-----Original Message-----
From: Randall <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>

> I'm thinking of making up a fixed lenth shaft without the sliding
> pline. With the diff fixed i see no reason to have the spline .

Just my uninformed opinion, but it seems to me that the transmission and
differential both move on their mounts enough to matter, not to mention the
frame itself flexing.  Transmitting all that force to ball bearings not
designed for side loading seems like a bad idea to me.

But YMMV and all that.  Might be OK for a race car that only has to last a
few hundred miles.

 ==AM==
I was thinking the same thing...but then I remembered that most Heralds had a
big, heavy, SOLID propeller shaft....

--Andy Mace

*Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a jet?
*Man: Well, no ... It's not so  much of a jet, it's more your, er, Triumph
Herald engine with  wings.
 -- Cut-price Airlines Sketch, Monty Python's Flying Circus  (22)

Triumph 10 / Herald / Sports 6 vehicle consultant for The Vintage Triumph
Register: http://www.vtr.org

Check out the North American Triumph Sports 6 (Vitesse 6) and Triumph Herald
Database at its new URL: http://triumph-herald.us