fot

Re: [Fot] Hillclimb Video

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Hillclimb Video
From: "Greg & Alison Blake" <ablake2@austin.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2009 21:01:37 -0600
I did not catch this the first time I watched it, but that was held in
what is now my neighborhood.  The Dam you see at about the 3/4 mark when
the camera goes off the road, is Mansfield Dam.  There was a bridge
built just below the Dam in the early 90s that connected North Austin to
South Austin out near Lake Travis.  This spurred the development of the
area where this hill climb took place.  I wish I could still drive like
that through my neighborhood, we have some really cool roads.  The one
in the video looks like Brass Button.  If you look at Google maps, you
will see ranch road 620 that goes over Lake Austin.  That is the bridge
that was not in the video.