fot

Re: [Fot] Hillclimb Video

To: Rikrock@aol.com, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Fot] Hillclimb Video
From: BillDentin@aol.com
Date: Wed, 4 Mar 2009 11:57:46 EST
In a message dated 03/04/2009 10:29:49 AM Central Standard Time,
rikrock@aol.com writes:

> Hillclimbing is alive and well here in Pennsylvania, and as the Chairman
> of?the Pagoda ?and Duryea Hillclimbs in Reading, PA, I want to extend a
> personal invitation to all FOT members to come and take part in our events.?
>Pagoda
> will be?the last weekend in June, and Duryea will be the third weekend in
> August.? The full PHA schedule is available at www.pahillclimbs.org? We have
> fair number of vintage cars at our events and we always have fun.

Some of the VSCDA's earliest events involved Wisconsin hillclimbs at Lake
Geneva and Janesville in the early 1980s.  The ones held at Janesville were
actually recreations of events held in the 1950s.  In those early days of
sports
car racing racers from all over would stop at Janesville to run a hill climb
event on their way to race at ROAD AMERICA.  The Janesville event was a perfect
venue and lots of fun to run.  Held in a public park, they quickly became
popular "free" public spectator events.  Eventually VSCDA had to cease running
them
because crowd control became a serious issue.  I can recall several runs to
the top, where I was shocked to find people crossing the road I was racing up.

Bill Dentinger