fot

Re: [Fot] TR Diffs

To: malaboge@aol.com
Subject: Re: [Fot] TR Diffs
From: Bill Babcock <Billb@bnj.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Mar 2009 07:22:32 -1000
Diff Duffers! I like that, nice alliteration.

All differentials take a lot of power. More even than the
transmission. Spiral gears (long tooth contact) 90 degree direction
conversion, planetary or LSD. It all sucks power. Absent a significant
design difference they'll be roughly the same.
On Mar 28, 2009, at 7:15 AM, malaboge@aol.com wrote:

> Fellow Diff Duffersb&
> As popular as the Ford 9 inch rear is with the hot rodders, I recall
> that Hot
> Rod magazine (or some such notable tome) tested a 9 inch and found
> it required
> about twenty five (25) HP to keep movin back there.  No idea what a
> TR unit
> takes, but Ibm guessin it will be less!  I donbt have weights
> either, but
> guess that the Ford unit is just a bmiteb heftier there too.
>
> All Geared up In Nor Calb&
>                       Nick

Bill Babcock
Babcock & Jenkins