fot

Re: [Fot] Gearbox woes

To: fubog1@aol.com, norlinengineering@comcast.net
Subject: Re: [Fot] Gearbox woes
From: fpspitfire@comcast.net
Date: Sun, 19 Apr 2009 18:24:31 +0000 (UTC)
Drive shaft balance and alignment are the two reasons I've seen for the
tailshaft housing to crack.B  I've had this issue too.

Also check your mounting mechanism.B  If you run solid mounts for the front
engine mounts ensure you use a solid mount for the rear engine mount.B

I solid mount the diff, gearbox and engine and after I switched from the poly
mounts on the rear/gearbox mount to a solid mount I haven't cracked a
tailshaft housing in 4 years.

aaron

#87 HP Spitfire 1500

Southern Illinois Region SCCA