fot

Re: [Fot] towing and DOT

To: Rocky Entriken <rocky@spitfire4.com>
Subject: Re: [Fot] towing and DOT
From: Ted Schumacher <tedtsimx@bright.net>
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2009 19:37:50 -0400
Rocky and list.  Interesting thread.  We tow a lot and have for many
years.  The one thing we never do is put a name on tow vehicle or
trailer.  As soon as there is a name, the appearance screams
"commercial". Then you get all the fun of scales, different plates,
changes of insurance and more.  Same thing goes for DOT #. For the small
amount of fuel $$ savings in some states, the grief of filing reports,
going over scales, having a log book, etc far exceeds any saving on fuel
price. Ted

17:25:00