fot

Re: [Fot] Toyo Proxes R888

To: "Scott Janzen" <s.janzen@comcast.net>, "'Friends of Triumph'
Subject: Re: [Fot] Toyo Proxes R888
From: "William Collins" <bkolnz@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2009 17:13:17 -0500
Hey Scott,

Yes,,, I am currently running the R888's @ 205 on my '72 FP Spitfire 1300.
Ran the same set  last year on my old '63 1147 MKI,  unshaved and with an
open diff.  I was very happy with their performance, and by Sunday of the
3rd day at TWS pushed them pretty hard in an attempt to find the limit.
That didn't happen because I'm still a newbie in this car.  (came up in a
E36 M3 that I personally prepared for light track duty and ran RA1's shaved,
which I loved dry and wet)... Probably have right at 12 heat cycles in them
with well over 5/32 tread left, but the '72 has a welded diff., and Ed
Barnard, who is doing all the heavy wrenching on the car tells me that will
change, and that I may get as little as two 3 day events out of them.
I was the first in my run grupe to try the 888's but think there will be
more this year.   I just hope Toyo doesn't stop production of this size!!!

 First event for the #8  is CVAR's Spring event at Eagles Canyon Raceway
just west of Denton, TX.     Cmon down and play with us!!   Great
circuit.....

Bill Collins
#8 FP  '72 Spit