fot

Re: [Fot] Speedsters 185 vs.205

To: <jcjcarrera@comcast.net>, <fot@autoX.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Speedsters 185 vs.205
From: "MadMarx" <tr4racing@googlemail.com>
Date: Wed, 6 May 2009 09:05:27 +0200
You will love the Yokos!

Chris

-----Urspr|ngliche Nachricht-----
Von: fot-bounces@autox.team.net [mailto:fot-bounces@autox.team.net] Im
Auftrag von jcjcarrera@comcast.net
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 6. Mai 2009 00:56
An: fot@autoX.team.net
Betreff: [Fot] Speedsters 185 vs.205

When the Speedsters first came out, I purchased a set of 185's for my TR4
#116. I noticed a decent improvement over the vintage TD's. I was concerned
about hitting the fenders with 205's, but at Tony Garmey's suggestion, we
went
with a set of 205's and there have been no problems with clearance-front or
back. Lap times did go down, but I cannot recall the magnitude of the drop.
did keep the 185's and borrowed Tony's grooving iron and converted the 185's
to rain tires for the Pacific NW's climate. Have not had a chance to use
them
yet.

My latest set of Speedster 205's are pretty well worn out (the speedsters do
seem to wear quickly), so I ordered a set of Yokahama Advan 048's from Tire
Rack. They did have 205/60 R 15's in stock. Will report after the SOVREN
Spring Sprints, mid May,B on how the Yok's perform.

John James

Fot mailing list
Fot@autox.team.net