fot

Re: [Fot] timing issues

To: "Mark Pendergrass" <mpendy@dishmail.net>, "friends of triumph"
Subject: Re: [Fot] timing issues
From: Tony Drews <tony@tonydrews.com>
Date: Sun, 07 Jun 2009 10:47:32 -0500
Set your specs with tension on the chain.  Also, verify that the
closing event is where you expect.  Sometimes the duration between
opening and closing doesn't exactly match the cam card, and you
really want the centerline on the cam card spec.  So, if I have the
opening on time but the closing is two degrees late, I move the
opening one degree earlier so I split the difference.  Then it opens
one degree early, closes one degree late and the centerline should be
where I want it to be.

- Tony Drews