fot

[Fot] Urgent tuning help needed

To: fot <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] Urgent tuning help needed
From: <dos_gusanos@msn.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2009 12:47:28 -0600
Hello Gang, Thanks for all the help everyone has given me in getting the TR7
Dolly Sprint car going.  Tomorrow she leaves on the Glenwood Spring Rally and
still has a long list of issues.  The most pressing is she will not pass our
local emissions test.  At high revs, I've leaned it out to where she does
fine.  At idle the HC goes way up.  The car has SU carbs of a type I'm not
real familiar with I guess they are HIF? with the float bowls on the bottoms
where the adjusting nuts would normally be.  The car cruises OK but off the
line stutters and stumbles.  It has a stock distributor with the Allison
ignition.  I seem to be albe to set the timing fine at about 12 degrees at
idle.  At 8 degrees it really stinks.  Any ideas?

Cheers, Henry Morrison TR6 and 7 to Denver tomorrow...................