fot

Re: [Fot] hood release for TR6 ???

To: RACER BUD <budscars@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] hood release for TR6 ???
From: Robert Lang <lang@isis.mit.edu>
Date: Mon, 6 Jul 2009 09:53:07 -0400 (EDT)
On Fri, 3 Jul 2009, RACER BUD wrote:

> if i recall correctly, the headlight removal is the way to go

I've not read this whole thread, but there's no way to get to the bonnet
release on TR6 through the headlight bucket.

_IF_ you can get the starter out of the way, you can reach up to the latch
with a screwdriver or pry bar. The side of the latch assy. that faces away
from the driver has a little tab that you flick to release the latch.

Going in from the front is tougher as you have to sacrifice "something" to
get there. Just removing the hinges is not going to gain you much as
you'll probably bend the bonnet near the rear edge if you relase the
hinges and then pry up.

That said, if you can get access from the front, getting a hook around the
previously mention tab will do the trick. pull the tab toward the front of
the car.

There are a LOT of TR6 web sites with the famous remote bonnet releast
diagrammed. Use that to see what I'm describing.

regards,
rml

p.s. BTDT with the failed cable thingie. Just before tech at an autocross.
By complete serendipity, got it open, but that was partially due to fact
that I had started to install the remote release thingie. Boy, was I
lucky! I was one cable pull away from going through what Bobby W. is going
though. Whew!
Bob Lang              NER/SCCA                 |  This space for rent
Solo Chair 2008       TR6 40 F Prepared        |  Triumph!
Voice:781-438-2568    FAX: 617-258-9535        |  Cell: 339-927-4489