fot

[Fot] BeaveRun

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] BeaveRun
From: "WILLIAM TOBIN" <william.tobin3@verizon.net>
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2009 08:23:00 -0400
Hi all, I hope this makes it onto the list; first attempt at it. Also a
computer klutz.

 I did the vintage event at BeaveRun last weekend, near Pittsburgh. Had a
blast, especially after moving to a smaller run group. Actually passed some
guys and did some dicing!
 There was a driver school Friday and a fair amount of rookie stripes during
the races. And a very large amount of very large smiles after the races from
the aforementioned rookies! And lots fof thumbs-ups.
 I talked with Jason Sukey, who was autocrossing his Mini, and many other
Triumph fans.
Also Dan Styduhar, who was autocrossing his TR3A.
 The weather was good, except for a little rain around noon Saturday. Also a
good turnout, a few more vintage cars than last year. The organizers were
pleased.
 The VRG is a great bunch to run with. Very friendly and easy-going, but
serious about having fun. One of the organizers came up to me as I was loading
up and thanked me for doing the event! How often does that happen?
 I'm going to Schenley Park(Pittsburgh) this weekend for the PVGP event. Maybe
see some of you there.
 Bill Tobin  Erie, PA, where Big Bad Voodoo Daddy put on a free concert at a
park by the Bay last night; great time.