fot

Re: [Fot] 2 questions

To: "TeriAnn J. Wakeman" <tjwakeman@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Fot] 2 questions
From: greg <gtlund@cyberspeedway.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 17:40:02 -0700
To seal press fits, porous welds and castings, and lock assembled
fasteners, the Loctite 290 product can't be beat. I have used it on
water jackets, 6000 psi hydraulic weldments, carburetors, etc. It is a
wicking type sealant which is drawn into the smallest of openings. If it
  has been in service try to get the assembly as clean as possible with
multiple sprayings of brake clean, acetone, alcohol, etc followed by
compressed air blowings. Don't try to save money on the small bottle.
Buy the 50 ml bottle as it has a much better tip and built in stopper.

Greg Lund