fot

[Fot] TR6 Aftermarket Alternator

To: FOT <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] TR6 Aftermarket Alternator
From: Robert Blake <rblake36@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2009 13:23:46 -0700 (PDT)
I have been zapped by the Prince of Darkness.  My alternator is on the fritz
and I would like to go through the exercise of diagnosing and repairing the
orginal.  In the interim I would like to keep the car on the road and to do so
I have found an inexpensive after market remanufactured unit sold under the
name HI TEST.  The core charge is $19 so I can afford to keep the old one for
repair practice.  Question is, has anyone used one of these units and if so
how reliable are they?

Bob Blake