fot

Re: [Fot] TR4 coolant plumbing help and ideas needed

To: "quicktr4" <quicktr4@comcast.net>, "Mike Mehl"
Subject: Re: [Fot] TR4 coolant plumbing help and ideas needed
From: "Bob Kramer" <rkramer3@austin.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Oct 2009 09:46:53 -0500
Mike,
Some off us put a pressurized fill tank at the back of the block in the line
Jeff mentioned. We use a variety of radiators and some are mounted with the
fill cap lower than the head. The fill tank allows for eliminating air in
the system. In my case, with my eBay purchased Wizard aluminum radiator,
running over 6 grand resulted in pumping water past the 13lb cap on the
radiator. I use an 18 lb cap on the fill tank still have the 13 on the
radiator and I just pump a little out of the 18 lb cap every 20 minutes (in
Texas).
Bpb K