fot

[Fot] Scattershield - playdate with a welder

To: "fot@autox.team.net" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] Scattershield - playdate with a welder
From: Mark Eginton <markconsultation@twcny.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 08 Mar 2010 18:56:52 -0500
I was in Lowes and saw some 1/8" steel stock perfect for a scatter
shield 3" wide so here is how I spent my weekend:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/28599565@N04

Think it will do the job or is there something I need to consider adding
or changing. I plan to run my dad's lightened flywheel which visually
has seen a lathe back in the '60s. I had it magnifluxed and it is fine
but I still feel the need for a shield - I like being ambulatory...

The idea is to keep the car the way he raced it - drive it to the track,
pull the windshield and passenger seat - add a plexiglas deflection
shield and go have fun. So, I wanted it to hide under the carpet.

Thanks,

\
fot@autox.team.net
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html