fot

Re: [Fot] Sir Stirling

To: fot@autox.team.net, WILLIAM TOBIN <william.tobin3@verizon.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Sir Stirling
From: Kas Kastner <kaskas@cox.net>
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2010 20:07:37 -0800
I first met Sir Sterling at the old Riverside motel, the Caravan.  He was just
finished registering and I was just starting and we struck up a conversation,
he spent twenty minutes with me just talking about British cars and was so
charming, I could hardly believe it. He was driving an Aston Marti and was in a
big slide into turn 8 with the brake lights on and in complete control ( or I
thought so )  great driver. I hope he sees another twenty years, nice man and a
great driver.
---- WILLIAM TOBIN <william.tobin3@verizon.net> wrote:

=============
Hi guys, I just read that Stirling Moss was injured when he fell down an
elevator shaft at his home. The doors evidently opened but there was a
malfunction and the elevator car wasn't there. He then somehow fell down the
shaft.
The article said that he had surgery on his ankles and was banged up but did
not have life threatening injuries. It said he fell 30 feet. Wow.
I used to see him at the CanAm races where he was the J Wax spokesman. Got
lots of free wax for the car.
There was the time when Oscar's wife and Jack's wife took an empty J Wax can,
cleaned it out, filled it with butterscotch pudding ( which looked about like
the wax) and approached Stirling. One of them stuck her finger into the can,
swirled it around, and after asking Moss how many calories were in it, plopped
it into her mouth! Moss's eyes about came out of his head! Great moment.
Hope he does OK.
Bill