fot

Re: [Fot] Sir Stirling ( Bob Johns)

To: "FOT team" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Sir Stirling ( Bob Johns)
From: "Robert Johns" <rjohns@woh.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2010 23:17:25 -0500
I enjoyed all the old stories about all of your memories of seeing and meeting
Stirling, so I might as well tell my story.   In 1955, I had some time to run
up to the Nurburgring to get in a few practice laps. When I got there, some
factory had the course engaged for practice.  I don't remember what team.
That isn't important.  I was walking around the pit lane and ran into
Stirling, also, just standing around at the moment.  We talked, and after a
bit, he said, "Let's go get a cup of coffee."  So, we went across the course
to the hotel cafe and sat and enjoyed a cup together.  He has always been that
easy to access and talk to. This has always been one of my fondest memories of
my time in Europe.
Bob J
\
fot@autox.team.net