fot

Re: [Fot] Sir Stirling ( Bob Johns)

To: <rjohns@woh.rr.com>, <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Sir Stirling ( Bob Johns)
From: michael cook <mlcooknj@msn.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2010 09:41:18 -0500
I was fortunate to meet Moss at one of the Jaguar launch events he attended
over here. It was particular fun to see him get into a car and immediately
slam the seat back, giving him the room for his straight-arm driving style. He
did this regardless of whether it was a brand-new XJ or a vintage Mark VII or
S-type.

But my favorite Moss story isn't about Stirling. At Nelson Ledges for the
24-hour back in the 1980s, driver Innes Ireland wandered the paddock wearing a
T-shirt that said: "I TAUGHT STIRLING MOSS HOW TO DRIVE"  The following year,
Ireland had a new shirt saying: "I TAUGHT STIRLING MOSS HOW TO DRINK"

But of course he didn't - Moss doesn't drink ... never has.

Mike Cook