fot

Re: [Fot] Brake Caliper Replacement Parts

To: aultgc@att.net
Subject: Re: [Fot] Brake Caliper Replacement Parts
From: "Kramer, Robert" <RKramer@rdoequipment.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2010 12:36:19 -0600
I had forgotten that many people choose to run without the dust seals. I may
have to go that way. I definitely try to avoid suspect rubber parts but like
others have said there is no guarantee that a Lucas/Girling box means
anything. My vintage organization won't allow Toyota conversions but I suppose
they wouldn't know. I prefer keeping it original anyway. Larry Young thinks
the early/larger TR4 calipers work better, both in cooling and in brake
surface area. Now that I have a an early TR4 and a 4A I can compare. I just
let mine go too long.

Bob Kramer
Sales Manager
RDO Equipment Company