fot

Re: [Fot] Triumph TR5 (WASP) Prototypes...

To: fot@autox.team.net, BillDentin@aol.com
Subject: Re: [Fot] Triumph TR5 (WASP) Prototypes...
From: Kas Kastner <kaskas@cox.net>
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2010 8:25:40 -0700
I have been asked about this TR-5  car before.  I knew nothing of it.  I
suppose it was in Michigan for the emission testing. It failed I presume and is
why the TR-6 had twin carbs instead. If this is the same Peter Cox thatt worked
in the Competition Department at the factory I did know him and furnished him
camshafts at one time.
---- BillDentin@aol.com wrote:

=============
Amici...

The current issue of Triumph World magazine has a letter from a guy named
Mike Geddes over in England, who is in the process of restoring X753, one of
the TR5 (Wasp) prototypes.  He describes the car as an engine test bed, with
a prototype chassis set up and several factory body mods.  He considers the
car's history to be particularly interesting because it spent some time in
the USA.  We didn't see many TR5s over here because of emissions issues.  He
suspects this one may have been used over here for emissions testing.  He
is looking to make contact with anyone who might have information about the
car.  I never heard of this prototype.  Kas?

Incidentally, in the same issue, Paul Richardson has a great article about
the late Peter Cox.  Coxy was a guy I never met, but I sure felt I knew him,
and he sure was the source of genuine Triumph competition parts for many,
many years.

Bill Dentinger