fot

[Fot] help with finding flywheel bolts

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: [Fot] help with finding flywheel bolts
From: "Enquiries Road & Track" <enquiries@roadandtrack.net.au>
Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2010 13:00:08 +1000
I have been unsucessfully chasing various local & UK vendors for new
"proper" triumph 6 cyl flywheel bolts that were originally used on the 2.5
engines that had a long tail, eg pre 1972, and possibly various other models

the part number forged into the bolt head is either  UKC4264  or 151287.
they were specially made high tensile bolts with a long shank (unthreaded
bit). I dont want the generic "bolt shop" replacements , which is what
Rimmers seem to offer.

I have a custom crank & alloy flywheel and I want these 'long" bolts to
maximize thread engagement and stability in the flywheel hole

I've looked at the ARP ones, and they are a bit too short for my liking, and
much shorter than these factory bolts.

can anyone help me with a likely vendor in the USA, or even sell me some
good ones. I would prefer new ones, but used ones that are not stretched
would be OK. I have sorted thru a pile of them here, and most of them have
stretched threads from overtightening or flywheel mis-haps

thanks

Terry O'Beirne
australia

fot@autox.team.net