fot

Re: [Fot] Head Gasket

To: Mark Eginton <markconsultation@twcny.rr.com>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Head Gasket
From: Bill Babcock <billb@bnj.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2010 17:08:57 -1000
Sounds like you are using a composite gasket. Don't. It won't last with
anything projecting into the combustion chamber, and won't last if the fire
ring is cut. Either get a shim steel comp gasket or one of the solid copper
ones

On Mar 26, 2010, at 3:22 PM, Mark Eginton wrote:

> Got the head back - dressed it up and assembled. Noticed that with .090
shaved off, the headgasket (stock 86mm) protrudes into the chamber under the
exhaust valve. Jack notes predicts this but not quite sure the best way to
deal with it. I worked up the edge of the copper and can probably shave it
back and roll it over again but it would get pretty close to the water relief.
Can I run it protruding Jack notes says it won't last but I'm only .090 not
racing all the time so...