fot

Re: [Fot] Sometimes I amaze, even Myself

To: Bill Babcock <billb@bnj.com>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Sometimes I amaze, even Myself
From: Justin Wagner <jmwagner@greenheart.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2010 12:55:07 -0700
LOL....  good extra bit!    Yes, we should listen to that little extra
voice inside!

I was working on a Nissan TV commercial years ago... and after a long
motion control camera move around the spinning red four door pick up
truck, the truck comes to a stop and all the four doors close, at once,
for the ending beauty shot...   There I am... all in black... hiding
inside the truck... pulling on four cables I had rigged to close the
doors on cue...   as I laid there on the floor of the Nissan... and the
camera was rolling... and computers were marking the camera move and the
car to spin on a giant turntable... I started thinking to myself...
"this isn't a good position, if the lead on one of these things breaks,
I'm going to hit myself in the...."

The director:  (heard over the radio hidden in the car with me)
"...and ACTION, Justin....         ....Justin?     ....action
Justin.     Hello...   Justin?   Action"

Justin:  (after a long pause, his dizzy voice heard over the radio)
"ummm... folks...  Justin's going to need a little reset time here...
He knocked himself out."

It was a little embarrassing having a black eye for the remainder of the
shoot.

--Justin

fot@autox.team.net
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html