fot

Re: [Fot] HITEST14088 ALTERNATOR FOR tr6

To: "Robert Blake" <rblake36@yahoo.com>, "FOT" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] HITEST14088 ALTERNATOR FOR tr6
From: "WILLIAM TOBIN" <william.tobin3@verizon.net>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2010 08:42:34 -0500
  Hi, in the old days we checked voltage drop between the battery and the
connections along the way to the alternator. Anything over .1 or .2 volts
pointed to a problem. That's 1 or 2 tenths of a volt. Over that level could
be a loose connection, corrosion/high resistance, maybe faulty wiring. And
being it's British and older, check all grounds; they seem to be the Bugaboo
in a lot of cases. Be sure the engine is grounded to the frame.
  I know one guy who had a problem with a Cheve pickup not charging; it
turned out to be a loose connection where the battery cable bolts to the
starter solenoid. Don't ask who the guy was!
  Good luck, Bill----- Original Message -----