fot

Re: [Fot] No vacuum after Spitfire engine rebuild

To: George Harmuth <harmug@us.ibm.com>,fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Fot] No vacuum after Spitfire engine rebuild
From: Tony Drews <tony@tonydrews.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2010 14:32:43 -0500
If it runs on starting fluid, it sure seems like a carburetion / fuel
issue.  Did you "degree" the cam when assembling?  Having it off in
timing by a tooth can make it run like crap and be hard to start too.

If you've got SU carb's, with the piston removed you should be able
to see a little fuel in the jet tube.  A little bit of debris can
clog the passage from the float bowl to the jet.

- Tony