fot

Re: [Fot] No vacuum after Spitfire engine rebuild

To: Tony Drews <tony@tonydrews.com>
Subject: Re: [Fot] No vacuum after Spitfire engine rebuild
From: Bill Babcock <billb@bnj.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2010 09:39:28 -1000
I'd also look for a massive air leak.
On Apr 25, 2010, at 9:32 AM, Tony Drews wrote:

> If it runs on starting fluid, it sure seems like a carburetion / fuel issue.
Did you "degree" the cam when assembling?  Having it off in timing by a tooth
can make it run like crap and be hard to start too.

> If you've got SU carb's, with the piston removed you should be able to see a
little fuel in the jet tube.  A little bit of debris can clog the passage from
the float bowl to the jet.

fot@autox.team.net

http://www.fot-racing.com

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html