fot

Re: [Fot] TR4A Stripped Threads in Block

To: "Bob Kramer" <rkramer3@austin.rr.com>, <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] TR4A Stripped Threads in Block
From: "M&M Hado" <mdhado@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2010 19:24:24 -0500
Thanks, Bob & others who sent comments.

One idea was to get an oversize stud, at least on one end, and helicoil at
the top of the block and use a short stud.  I wouldn't want to enlarge the
hole in the head though so this would be a custom stud with different sizes
on each end.

If there were only a few threads engaged the first time around, maybe
cleaning up the bottom of the hole and chasing the treads might get enough
bite to try again.  It's in an engine stand so access is good.  He's going
to try this and if that fails, he already has found another head.  That's
probably his best choice anyway.

Mike