fot

Re: [Fot] VSCDA Gingerman Race

To: "'Jeff Snook'" <jsnook@wcnet.org>, <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] VSCDA Gingerman Race
From: "Tim Murphy" <timmurph@fastbytes.com>
Date: Mon, 3 May 2010 17:21:47 -0500
Thanks for the compliments Jeff!  The warm up was rained out Sunday morning
but it cleared up and all the races were run in really nice weather, sunny
and mid-60's.  Ryan spent most of the 15 lap feature race chasing Mike
Fisher in his white Group 2M1 1960 Austin Healy 3000 Mk I.  He could stay
with him through the corners but just didn't have enough to get him on the
straights.  Good racing and as Mike is a very experienced driver, a good
learning experience following him.  We also have our starting problem back
where it loads up and we have to leave the fuel pump off until it cleans out
then can switch on and it runs fine.  I think one or both needle and seats
in the SU H6's are leaking.  They've been there for about 1800 race miles so
the vibration has probably done them in.  I've just ordered new ones from
Moss (they only have the ones with the Viton tips) and am hoping that will
solve the problem.  It would just stumble a bit at the end of the straight
and in the long sweeper.  I have to take a look at the video from the race
and see if the EGT's show me anything.  We re-aimed the camera to pick up
the gauges and Ryan gave an indication when it would stumble.  Looks like
I'll be doing some more early Sunday morning road testing on our town road
again.

Tim