fot

[Fot] Spit rear brakes

To: FoT Triumph <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] Spit rear brakes
From: Tim Pettenati <tpettenati@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 5 May 2010 11:48:49 -0700 (PDT)
Hello Friends,

I'm in the process of rebuilding my rear brakes on my 65 Spit,
and have found a slight modification that I'd like to understand better.
The
backing plates have been rotated 90 degrees, so the the wheel cylinders are
now rearward instead of at the top.
In other words facing the right rear hub,
the wheel cylinder would be at 9:00 o'clock.  Similar when facing the left
rear, wheel cylinder at 3:00 o'clock.

Any good reason that one of the
previous owners would have made that change?  Otherwise I'd like to put it
back to the correct orientation.

I'm not too sure about how effective the
bleed screws are, now that they face down.

Cheers,
Tim Pettenati
fot@autox.team.net

http://www.fot-racing.com