fot

Re: [Fot] Chump car - was List Nominee

To: jaboruch@netzero.net, spitfiresuz@141.com
Subject: Re: [Fot] Chump car - was List Nominee
From: LimeyV8@aol.com
Date: Tue, 11 May 2010 20:48:17 EDT
In a message dated 5/11/2010 5:45:20 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
jaboruch@netzero.net writes:

Looks  like the rules say that the car must be "valued" at under $500,  not
including safety gear.  This is not what you paid for the car, so  how do
you
value a car like a TR6.  It would have to be a pretty sad  TR6 to be valued
at
under $500. Not sure there would be enough of a frame  to attach a cage
onto???
Joe(B)

We paid $600 for our TR6 and sold enough parts off to get the "value" down
around zero. And yes it is a pretty sad TR6 - but perfect for this purpose,
 because it runs good and is cosmetically terrible - i believe the boot lid
is  the only part of the car that has never suffered collision damage - and
it is  rusty. There was significant frame and sill rust, but the suspension
 attachment points were strong - Our cage attaches as far back as the diff
mount  cross rail and frame rails on each side of the spare tire well and
attaches as  far forward as the spring/strut towers -  so most of the frame
and  sills are now structurally irrelevant.
see pictures at _http://riffrafracing.blogspot.com/_
(http://riffrafracing.blogspot.com/)
Chump and Lemons definition of safety equipment is pretty liberal and some
other items like tires and brakes are not subject to the  spending limit -
generally the $500 is just the tip of the iceberg -  racing is expensive -
even when its cheap!

Cheers,
Jack Mc
fot@autox.team.net