fot

[Fot] MyLaps Heartland Park-Kastner Cup

To: "Bob Kramer" <rkramer3@austin.rr.com>, <GSFuqua1@aol.com>, "Bill
Subject: [Fot] MyLaps Heartland Park-Kastner Cup
From: "Bob Kramer" <rkramer3@austin.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2010 14:43:59 -0500
I drove through the night and made it home at 5:30 this morning. The one
hour nap at the TX border helped. For all the worries about heat I think we
had a great weekend. Even the thunder boomers Friday were somewhat enjoyable
to this TX guy. The cloud cover Saturday and the breeze all weekend kept us
cool enough in the shade, if you had a good supply of dry t-shirts. Now that
I'm home I recognize that I lied to you all, it is hotter here. Oh well,
I'll have to unload anyway. I have a few shirts left.

I met a lot of people whose names I recognized from the list and I've got to
tell those that weren't able to make it that the FoT is growing and more
vibrant than ever. That Colorado clan has something going on there. What a
nice group of folks. Seeing them all together reminded me of my first FoT
exposure at Blackhawk Farms when Joe put me up in a tent for the weekend.
That type of camaraderie is the fiber that runs through all of us. I was
really pleased to see the young guys running and hear about even more in the
pipeline. My son had a great time and I think he is hooked for good. Thanks
for welcoming him. In his tired old TR4 he managed to get within 4 seconds
of his old man on our best laps. I'll need to get bigger mirrors for the
future.

Thank you  Larry for honoring me with the Bill Ames Award. I meant it when I
said that I was surrounded by a large group of people just like me, that all
deserve this award. I help where I can and so does everyone else. It's that
FoT fiber thing. When I started I learned so much from people like Joe, Jack
and Hardy P, as well as Ken G and Ted S and a long list of others along the
way. I still have a lot to learn. It was pretty cool to paddock nect to the
Champ. Sam is a genuine good guy. Racing his TR6 with the SCCA at the
highest levels might seem to put him in a different world, but he just like
us in every other way. Thanks Sam.

Are we going to be able look at laptimes on MyLaps, but I don't know for
sure. Bill or Gary, is that going to happen? I got in the habit of not
picking up laptimes at CVAR races because the data gets to MyLaps so
quickly.Just wondering.

Laguna Seca! I'll probably MapQuest the route a few dozen time this week. :)

Bob Kramer
Volente, TX

Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch
excellence.
Vince Lombardi
fot@autox.team.net

http://www.fot-racing.com