fot

Re: [Fot] Accusump & bearing coatings

To: toodamnfunky@comcast.net,Tim Murphy <timmurph@fastbytes.com>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Accusump & bearing coatings
From: Tony Drews <tony@tonydrews.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2010 01:04:17 -0500
I coat both the main and rod bearings.  The coating is thin enough
you don't need any additional allowance for it.  It makes a huge
difference in visible wear during teardown even when running an accusump.

One other thing to mention regarding the accusump pre-lube at start:
we're running high compression and high loads in the valve train -
much higher than on a street car.  And, cranks, rods and cams are
VERY expensive.  Anything we can do to prevent metal to metal  is
worth installing.

- Tony